This autumn, living room legends and their friends will join together and embark on an epic rock journey to save rock nÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ roll with Activision Publishing, Inc.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. The latest installment in the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most popular music game series, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will once again redefine music gaming with an all-new, story-driven Quest Mode, a completely redesigned rock-inspired guitar controller, the biggest on-disc selection of rock music ever in a Guitar Hero game and Quickplay+, which invites challenge-starved fanatics to test their rock skills in any of the on-disc or over 500 songs in the Guitar Hero Music Library.
Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined, coupled with the return of the critically acclaimed and fan favourite features like Party PlayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s jump in/jump out gameplay, a host of Competitive modes and the ability to play any combination of guitar, bass, drums and vocals, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock offers the complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music adventure.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Guitar Hero has set the standard for music based gaming and with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and the gameÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all-new Quest Mode, robust and authentic set list, over-the-top challenges and rock-inspired new hardware, we are once again bringing the soul and energy of rock nÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ roll to fans around the world,Ã¢â‚¬Â said David Haddad, Chief Operating Officer, Guitar Hero.
In Quest Mode, using any combination of instruments, players will embark on a larger-than-life, epic rock journey from the stage of CBGBs, the infamous punk-rock club in New York City, to the molten lava fields of rock treachery as eight Guitar Hero characters transform into rock warriors that must join together to use their unique, game-changing powers to help the Demi-God of Rock take down Ã¢â‚¬Å“The BeastÃ¢â‚¬Â and save rock nÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ roll.
“The world is a boring place. Come with me, and enter a world populated of Demi-Gods and Beasts. Transform from an everyday person and become the savior of rock and roll,Ã¢â‚¬Â said Gene Simmons of KISS. Ã¢â‚¬Å“It was an honour and privilege to narrate Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, even more so, to voice the Demi God. From the God of Thunder to the Demi-God, how cool is that…”
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock breathes new life into gamersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ current Guitar Hero music libraries providing literally hundreds of hours of replayability with the introduction of Quickplay+, which features 13 totally unique gameplay challenges for every on-disc track as well as most downloadable and importable songs from Guitar HeroÃ‚Â® World Tour forward. Gamers will complete challenges such as Band Streak, High Score and Power Challenge, which allows players to choose any two warrior powers they have unlocked to try and earn ridiculously high scores, to rank up and unlock more rewards and content than ever before. All-new Challenge Leaderboards have been created in order to capture the outrageous scores that are capable with Quickplay+.
Delivering the largest on-disc rock music set list to-date, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock features more than 90 tracks that include guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Megadeth and Slipknot and larger than life anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS. Additionally, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth wrote and recorded Ã¢â‚¬Å“Sudden Death,Ã¢â‚¬Â an original track for the game, which was inspired by Quest ModeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s storyline. Along with original songs, the set list also includes special re-records by famous artists and tracks from bands that are making their music video game debut. The first songs off of Guitar Hero: Warriors of RockÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s set list to be revealed are:
- AFI Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Dancing Through SundayÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Anthrax Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“IndiansÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Avenged Sevenfold Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Bat CountryÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Black Sabbath Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Children Of The GraveÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Buzzcocks Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“What Do I Get?Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Children Of Bodom Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“If You Want Peace… Prepare For WarÃ¢â‚¬Â
- The Cure Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fascination StreetÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Def Leppard Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Dethklok Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“BloodlinesÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Dire Straits Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Money For NothingÃ¢â‚¬Â
- DragonForce Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fury of the StormÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Drowning Pool Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“BodiesÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Fall Out Boy Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Dance, DanceÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Foo Fighters Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“No Way BackÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Foreigner Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Feels Like The First TimeÃ¢â‚¬Â
- The Hives Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Tick Tick BoomÃ¢â‚¬Â
- JaneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Addiction Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Been Caught StealingÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Jethro Tull Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“AqualungÃ¢â‚¬Â
- KISS Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Love GunÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Linkin Park Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Bleed It OutÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Megadeth Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Sudden DeathÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Paranoid (Live)Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Muse Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“UprisingÃ¢â‚¬Â
- My Chemical Romance Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“I’m Not Okay (I Promise)Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Night Ranger Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“ (You Can Still) Rock In AmericaÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Nine Inch Nails Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“WishÃ¢â‚¬Â
- The Offspring Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Self EsteemÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Queen Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Bohemian RhapsodyÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Rammstein Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Waidmanns HeilÃ¢â‚¬Â
- The Rolling Stones Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Stray Cat BluesÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Silversun Pickups Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“ThereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s No Secrets This YearÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Slayer Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Chemical WarfareÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Slipknot Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“PsychosocialÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Stone Temple Pilots Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Interstate Love SongÃ¢â‚¬Â
- ZZ Top Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Ã¢â‚¬Å“Sharp Dressed Man (Live)Ã¢â‚¬Â
To maximise playersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ shredability, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock delivers the next evolution in finger-fretting with an all-new, show-stopping guitar controller that was inspired and born from the gameÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s unique art style and specifically made for shredding.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 and by Vicarious Visions for the Wii. PEGI rating TBC. For more information about Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, please visit GuitarHero.com.