Of all the things i saw and played with at this years E3 one thing really stood out for me was Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring, now don’t get me wrong the Nintendo 3DS and it’s titles are fucking amazing, Microsoft’s Kinect was mind blowing fun andÃ‚Â Sony’s Move is……well an HD Wii.Ã‚Â What made Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring so damn good and exciting was the live Lucha Libre matches they had going on through out E3.Ã‚Â And theses weren’t just watered down crap matched just for show, theses guys were going at it hardcore. There was guys flying around inside and outside the ring, they even took out our camera man/editor Andrew which was hilarious (video coming soon).
And just when you thought it couldn’t possibly get better George Lopez drops by to watch the match
The reason for all this was to promote Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring video game thats coming out later this year. Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring is an action sports game based on Mexican sport of Ã¢â‚¬ËœLucha LibreÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ style wrestling. Featuring all of the most popular Ã¢â‚¬ËœluchadoresÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ from MexicoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s premiere wrestling federation, the game offers fans of existing wrestling franchises an evolved and unique gaming experience which is more acrobatic and fast-paced than those of existing wrestling franchises. The game also features an evolved popularity-based scoring system which allows players to unlock increasingly acrobatic and devastating moves based on the userÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s ability to gain the support of the audience through the execution of taunts aimed at humiliating oneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s opponent. Whether playing as any of the 30 real-life AAA wrestlers or as a character they have created themselves, gamers will find the experience offered in Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring to be a true evolution of the wrestling genre.
- Innovative Scoring System: Unique to Lucha Libre is the fact that wrestlers need to gain the support of the crowd in order to win the match Ã¢â‚¬â€œ as players increase their popularity they will be able to unlock progressively more deadly moves which they will be able to inflict upon their opponent.
- Mexican Lucha Libre Based Gameplay: Whether playing as a Tecnico (Good Guy) or a Rudo (Bad Guy), the Lucha Libre style of wrestling features a fast and acrobatic style of gameplay in which gamers employ a sophisticated yet fun system of strikes/counter-strikes, extreme aerial assaults and character-specific specialty moves in order to defeat their foe.
- Real Mexican Luchadores: Gamers may play as any of 30 different real-life luchadores featured in the AAA League. All fighters retain their own signature movements, taunts, and alignment with either the Tecnicos or the Rudos.
- Authentic Mexican Wrestling Venues: In Lucha Libre AAA: HÃƒÂ©roes del Ring matches will take place in the same arenas used by the AAA, as well as, locations which are representative of the Mexican culture and Lucha Libre legend.
- Customizable Character Editor: Featuring a never before seen Ã¢â‚¬ËœMask EditorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢, the gameÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬ËœCreate a FighterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ feature allows players to design their own luchador from the mask down while choosing from a massive collection of customizable clothes, accessories, body characteristics and clan allegiance.
- Online Gameplay featuring Mask vs. Hair mode: The game offers intense and competitive online matches for up to four players where users can fight as any of the 30 existing luchadores or as a character which they have created themselves. In this mode, wrestlers wager their mask or hair against their opponents in a winner-take-all battle against humiliation!
We were lucky enough to sit down with Slang who gave us a detailed walk through for the game and character creation which was all very impressive probably the best character creator editor I’ve ever seen, more details to come in our review in the mean time checkout the video.