BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09 game on the iPhone and iPod touch platform, retailing at a launch price of USD 1.99. This is the second collaboration between BMW and Artificial Life developing iPhone applications.
Artificial Life’s first racing title features the current BMW Sauber F1 Team for the 2009 season. The game allows players to compete around the world as either Nick Heidfeld or Robert Kubica, racing on 8 challenging tracks in a variety of racing conditions. In order to create a realistic professional racing experience, players can fine-tune their cars by adjusting ride height, wing placement, tire type and fuel grade.
To utilize the latest iPhone OS 3.0 features, an upgrade package will be available for in app purchase, offering two new challenges and an additional game mode.
- Exquisitely-Crafted 3D Courses
- Speed down 8 heart-pounding courses around the world starting with
- China, Japan, England, Germany, and more locations which can be
- Customize and fine-tune the race car using Car Configuration options
- Customizable racing options include weather conditions, game modes,
- levels of difficulty, and more!
Various Game Modes
- Set world record lap times in the Professional Mode
- Driving in different weather conditions
- Push players to the limit to earn 10 prestigious trophies in the
- Race behind the scenes choosing speed and configuration settings in
- the unique Engineer Mode, which is available for in app purchase
- along with two intriguing challenges for USD 99 cents
- Donut – Go wild and create the world’s most extreme donuts!
- Pit Stop – Be a part of the fastest pit crew in the world in a pit
- stop challenge that requires both speed and logic to master
- Become the World Champion ranked in the online leaderboard and
- compete with friends through Facebook Connect
Artificial Life will hold a virtual race contest for the BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09 game. Players will be able to upload the records of their cumulative best laps and the top contestants will be awarded with premium prizes sponsored by BMW Sauber. Prizes will include a wide variety of official race car components and authentic racing accessories of the drivers. Details of the contest will soon be announced at http://www.botme.com/bmwf1race . Since it has recently been announced that BMW Sauber is withdrawing from Formula 1 after this year’s season, this is a very unique opportunity for players to win these very exclusive and rare collector’s items. Though BMW Sauber will no longer race in Formula 1, the racing experience will live on virtually in this game.
“The BMW F1 engagement is a perfect fit for a game application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The outstanding capabilities of the Apple devices allow us to achieve an exciting level of uniqueness in the game. Players will be able to customize their individual races. Authenticity is a core feature of the game. All the game details, including our drivers and racing cars, are based on the real BMW Sauber F1 Team. All of these attributes, combined with the challenging racing tracks and adjustable weather conditions, will create a unique and thrilling virtual experience, which will be loved by all gamers,” said Uwe Dreher, Head of BMW Motorsport Marketing.
“We are excited about this game. It is definitely one of the best racing games out there for the iPhone. Among other cool features such as the special donut driving option, we simulate bad weather condition driving and have even put in a simulation of the new KERS power enhancer for the BMW F1 car! We would once again like to thank BMW for their generous support and are pleased to have had the opportunity to work together with them on both the previous BMW Z4 Experience and now the BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09 project. We hope BMW Sauber fans will enjoy the supreme racing experience that this premium title brings,” said Eberhard Schoneburg, CEO of Artificial Life, Inc.
I described the gameÃ‚Â and its all it’s features above now on to my opinion let me start by saying BMW Sauber F1 Team Facing 09 is one of the best looking racing games on the iPhone and iPod touch that i’ve ever played and ive played my share of racing games. The controls are simple hit the green circle to go red to brake , First time iÃ‚Â played it took me a lap to get a feel of the game but by lap two i was able to pull away and get the win on my first try! it comes with a nice selection of tracks from around the world and the sound is great from your pit chef to the sound track , if you got an iPhone and iPod touch i highly recommend this game it won’t disappoint.