From the developers of the award-winning Mafia comes Mafia II, a beautifully crafted look into the dark and unforgiving world of the Mafia where clothing, cars, music and advertising are meticulously created to replicate an American city in the Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ40s and Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ50s.Ã‚Â Players will easily become engaged in the gameÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cinematic, Hollywood-style experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing city that transports them to a time when rock-n-roll first strummed its guitar and chrome-plated hot rods roared down boulevards.
Powered by 2K CzechÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s next-generation Illusion Engine built specifically for Mafia II, players will experience the true evolution of the game. Gunfights, hand-to-hand combat and vehicular exploration feature new depth and dimension that allow players to experience the world of Mafia II in a way that will keep them coming back for more
Mafia II takes place in Ã¢â‚¬Å“New YorkÃ¢â‚¬Â between the 40s and the 50s. The story and main character is about Vito, the son of a young immigrant out to capture a piece of the American Dream. It was on the streets that Vito learns that joining the Mafia is the only route to wealth and respect for people of his standing. Wanting to escape the life of hardship that his father led, he dreams about becoming a Ã¢â‚¬Å“made man.Ã¢â‚¬Â
A petty criminal his whole life, Vito, along with his childhood friend, Joe, will descend into the world of organized crime. Together, they will work to prove themselves to the Mafia as they try to make their names on the streets. Starting with low-level jobs like robbery and stealing cars, Vito and Joe escalate quickly up the Mafia family ladderÃ¢â‚¬Â¦but the life as a wise guy isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t quite as glamorous as it seems.
If this sounds familiar, thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s because the writing team is the same guys who did Mafia I they stuck to their Goodfellas inspirations to craft a tale of loyalty, revenge and corruption in the mob syndicate of America.
The game takes place in New York in the 40s and 50s while the game doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t mimic New York as closely as GTAÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Liberty City, it is pretty big the sheer size and detail of the world is insane and is fully living, you go through all four seasons which actually affect the game and how you play for example when its winter the cold and the snow dramatically change the way you drive around the city and how the cars perform.
As for gameplay anyone familiar with the melee and gunplay system in Mafia I, will remember a cover system, over-the-shoulder aiming, regenerating health, and a almost now heads-up display icons (besides a targeting reticule) and tactical AI that also uses the cover system. It looks like you can knock enemies out of cover with a careful shot to the knee or the shoulder but what you really want to do is score a headshot before you take roughly three or more hits and die (sort of like you would in real life), this combat system is very much improved over Mafia I.
- Action-Packed Gameplay: Take part in heart-stopping car-to-car chases, visceral hand-to-hand combat and intense gunplay, all of which come together to form a deep and engrossing gameplay experience.
- Epic Gangster Story: Inspired by iconic mafia drama, the compelling characters and cinematic presentation will pull players into the allure and impossible escape of life in the Mafia.
- Immersive World and Period: Enter the world of Empire CityÃ¢â‚¬â€World War II is raging in Europe and the architecture, cars, music and clothing all echo the period. As time passes, hot rod cars, 50s fashion and some of the eraÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s best music reflect the birth of a cool new era.
- Illusion EngineÃ¢â€žÂ¢: 2K CzechÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s proprietary Illusion Engine, allows gamers to explore Empire BayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 10 square miles of beautifully rendered outdoor environments and intricately designed interiors.
- Soundtrack Reflects the Mood of the Era: Players will be immersed in the Golden Era of America as Mafia II features tracks from some of the eraÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most influential artists.
The Soundtrack for this game is amazing with some of the biggest names of that era like BuddyÃ‚Â Holly, Ritchie Valens and Chuck Berry to name a few. Its great to hear something different in a game, I’m so use to hearing hip-hop or rock in almost every game.
Mafia 2 is an amazing game easily in the top 3 of this year, . The controls and gameplay are easy and smooth, the sounds true to the era and story is what makes this game so great it pulls you in and really immerses you into the character. Mafia 2 is defiantly a must buy, you wont regret itÃ‚Â like i said i really couldn’t find anything about it i didn’t like but if i had to pick at something i guess i could say i would of like a multiplayer similar to GTA4’s which doesn’t really matter cause the campaign is so damn good which you can play over and over again i know i am.
I give it a 9.5 out of 10 a must buyÃ‚Â Mafia 2 is out now on Xbox 360,PS3 and PC now stop reading and go buy it then.