Today SMITE’s Open Beta went through another update, bumping it to version 0.1.1376. As with most of the other larger updates, a new god was released alongside the patch; and this time was the ranged mage, Poseidon.
Poseidon’s Skills are:
- Changing Tides (Passive): PoseidonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s movement speed increases and his abilities do additional damage as his Tide level increases. Successful basic attack hits increase his Tide, and using abilities decreases it.
- Tidal Surge: Poseidon summons forth a wave that travels in a line, dealing damage and pushing back all enemies in his patch. Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+70% of your magical power). Cost 70/80/90/100/110. Cooldown 12s. Tidal Meter: -35% Tide.
- Trident: Poseidon activates his Trident, granting move speed and making his basic attacks fire 2 additional shots in a spread for 6s. The shots deal magical damage plus 20% of PoseidonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Magical Power. All shots increase PoseidonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Tide on successful hit. Base Damage per Hit: 30/4050/60/70. Movement Speed: 15/20/25/30/35%. Lifetime: 6s. Tidal Meter: -35% Tide. Cost 65/70/75/80/85. Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12s.
- Whirlpool: Poseidon summons a whirlpool at his ground target location that cripples targets, preventing movement abilities, and pulls targets toward the center dealing magical damage every .5s for 3s. Reduces PoseidonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Tide by 30% when cast. Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+10% of your magical power). Tidal Meter: -30% Tide. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s.
- Release the Kraken: Poseidon releases the Kraken, damaging and slowing targets in its radius. Enemies in the center of the effect when it spawns take additional damage and are stunned and bounced into the air. Damage: 120/150/180/210/240 (+30% of your magical power). Damage (center): 180/220/260/300/340 (+60% of your magical power). Slow: 30%. Stun (Center): 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s. Tidal Meter: -50% Tide. Cost: 100/110/120/130/140. Cooldown: 90s.
In addition to Poseidon and other general changes/bug fixes, there were changes to the matchmaking system; now allowing players to search for matches in their region. There were also several tweaks made to abilities, consumables, items, and a number of Gods. There is a new status effect introduced in this patch called cripple, so skills have been adjusted toÃ‚Â incorporate cripple in the game.Ã‚Â Two new skins are also available, one for Vamana and one for the newly released Poseidon.