Nintendo has revealed new details about the introductory storyline and game play in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, which will launch exclusively for the Wii on Nov. 20. The enhanced motion controls of the Wii Remote Plus (or Wii Remote controller with a Wii MotionPlus accessory) and Nunchuk controller allow for deeply immersive puzzle-solving challenges in this latest addition to the iconic Zelda franchise. This new game Ã¢â‚¬â€œ one of the biggest in the history of Nintendo software development Ã¢â‚¬â€œ will also feature new story elements that lay the foundation for the events that occur in the rest of the series. This includes the creation of the Master Sword, an ancient and powerful weapon that has been a constant in the 25-year history of the Zelda series. The introductory storyline includes the following:
- Introduction: The new gameÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young LinkÃ¢â€žÂ¢ is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honor of taking part in a special ceremony with ZeldaÃ¢â€žÂ¢.
- Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
- Groose: LinkÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens LinkÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and ZeldaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s special bond.
- Fi: Early on in LinkÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s new adventure, he encounters Fi, the spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword. FiÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s guidance proves to be crucial as Link goes forth on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword.
- ZeldaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s father: Gaepora, ZeldaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s father, is the headmaster of LinkÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft.
More details about the gameÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s storyline and features will be revealed prior to its Nov. 20 launch.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be available as a standalone game or as part of a limited-edition bundle that also includes a gold-colored Wii Remote Plus controller. Additionally, every copy in the early production runs of the game will come packaged with a special music CD containing orchestral arrangements of select songs that will be performed at the upcoming The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony Concert.