I had heard about the Worms series of games over the years but I had never really sat down to check any of them out. So this is review is coming from a first timer to the series. WormsÃ‚Â was originally developed by the British company Team17 Software back in 1995. Over the years there have been several different version of Worms done by different developers but this one Worms:Reloaded was done by the original developer Team17 Software.
Worms Reloaded is a turned-base game in which you command and army of earthworms that must battle it out against other worms bent on your teams destruction. To help you in your fight you are given access to aÃ‚Â variety of weapons and gadgets. In the beginning of the single player campaign which I played you only have limited access to this inventory of weapons and gadgets early on but as you progress youÃ‚Â are able to buy more from the coins you earn in the game.
Since I’m a first timer I found the game tutorials very helpful. It gives you the rundown on how to move your worms around the battlefield. The controls are very straight forward. The only thing you have to think aboutÃ‚Â is the wind direction when you fire your weapons but you get used to that pretty fast. From what I have played in the single player campaign I see there is a combination of combat and puzzle levels ranging from fairly easy to the hmm, I need to think about this for a minute levels. The deformable landscapes also Ã‚Â reallyÃ‚Â play a big part inÃ‚Â the game play. I think they did a really good job on the level design. I like the Ã‚Â games cartoon graphics and animated backgrounds, it’s a cool looking game.
The different sound effects in the game are veryÃ‚Â coolÃ‚Â to.Ã‚Â As I was playing the thing thatÃ‚Â had me Ã‚Â really had me laughing was what the worms were saying, it was hilarius and it really added to the fun factor of the game for me.
The game isÃ‚Â exstreamly customizable. If you look in the customize menu you will find Manage Teams, Manage Games Style and a Landscape Editor and there are quite a few options under each of those headings.
EXTENSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CONTENT:
- Campaign mode. Play through 35 single-player missions as well as 30 more in the Warzone Campaign that is tuned for advanced players.
- Bodycount mode! How will you survive with having just one worm pitched against never ending spawning enemy worms that get increasingly tougher? Compete against friends in the scored leaderboard.
- Training Mode. Comprehensive tactics tutorage that includes 3 tutorials and 3 different firing ranges.
ONLINE AND LOCAL MULTI-PLAYER:
- Up to 4-player online and local multiplayer action – with Steamworks support, for pain free game updates, friends-lists, leaderboards, achievements and chat.
- Leaderboards! Multiple different leaderboards to track different game types and stats. These can be sorted globally or by friends enabling and encouraging competition between friends.
MASSIVELY INCREASED CUSTOMISATION:
- Wild customisation and personalization – change appearance of worm skin, choose victory dances, gravestones, voices, HUD, title and over 70 different cute, funny and downright stupid hats!
- Shop Ã¢â‚¬Ëœtil you drop! Players can buy hats, landscapes, weapons, missions, forts and gravestones with currency awarded for completing single player campaigns.
- Over 70 speechbanks – 50 re-mastered from the classics and over 20 new speech banks including the insane Cheese sound set!
- A range of great classic and new custom levels to play on, plus make your own!
NEW FULLY FEATURED LANDSCAPE CREATION TOOL:
- Fully featured landscape editor including the welcome return of bridges and the ability to import your own custom levels into game so you can share your creation with friends and play online. Add your own start positions, mines and scheme to effectively create wild new play modes and styles of game.
- All new vertical landscapes Ã¢â‚¬â€œ to take the battle to new heights!
- The scheme editor enables the changing of all aspects of the game to fit your own style, including new random objects such as the sentry guns and electro magnets, and a new fire hazard.
ORMSÃ¢â€žÂ¢ WEAPONRY AND UTILITIES:
- 47 weapons and utilities including classic weapons from WormsÃ¢â€žÂ¢, WormsÃ¢â€žÂ¢ 2, Armageddon, World Party and the recent Open Warfare series as well as 14 brand new weapons!
- New weapons include Super Bunker Buster, Ferrets, Poison Strike, Worship, Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Buffalo of Lies plus new persistent fire and surprise Easter Eggs!
- Classic Weapons returning include Armageddon, Concrete Donkey, Napalm Strike and yes, the Holy Hand Grenade!
- Select from a range of classic WormsÃ¢â€žÂ¢ game modes and new modes for this edition – Crate/Shopper modes, BnG (Bazooka and Grenade), Forts and Rope Racing.
- Use the customisation tools to make your own mode!
HIGH DEFINITION VISUALS:
- 13 HD graphical themes for millions of random levels – never play the same game twice!
- WormsÃ¢â€žÂ¢ has never looked this good with all new High Definition landscape artwork – based on the most loved WormsÃ¢â€žÂ¢ game ever made.
- Widescreen support, optional blur effect for backgrounds, 16 specially designed forts for the fantastic Fort mode.
PC SPECIFIC CONTROLS:
- User defined controls with classic settings as standard.
- Function key support for fast access to common weapons.
- Works with compatible USB gamepad.
- It also runs on all modern Windows Operating Systems.
This game is very fun and also very addicting. With all the options you have to customize the game it really adds to the replay value. This game made me an instant Worms fan so I will be looking forward to see what they come out with next and also back to check out some of the older games in the series.Ã‚Â I give this game an 8 out of 10. Check it out.