Shadow Complex is a retro side-scroller with a next-gen feel at first the game’s campaign started a bit slow and the controls took abit to get the handle of (side scroller in a 3-D environment). But once the action started and the story started to unfold the game gets great,
The gameplay is centered on exploration and fast-paced combat as you gather game-altering power-ups and an arsenal of futuristic weapons to overcome obstacles, tons of enemies, and delve into a mysterious open game world. The original single-player adventure is set in a compelling universe based upon the best-selling novel, Empire, by Orson Scott Card.
- Original game: This completely original game features full 3-D side-scrolling action. The incredible next-gen graphics and robust physics combine with an open, evolving world design mixed with an awesome, compelling action-thriller story.
- Power-ups: Seek out 17 unique game altering power-ups, with more than 100 additional items and modifiers to discover and use.
- Bad guys: Fight against a large variety of enemies and experience massive, jaw-dropping boss battles.
- Pick up and play: The super-tight controls are simple and intuitive but also allow advanced players additional depth and precision.
- Award winning talent: Developed by Chair Entertainment, creators of OXM’s Downloadable Game of the Year, Undertow, and produced by Epic Games, creators of Gears of War.
- Noted scriptwriter: Shadow Complex features a script written by Peter David, one of the most popular comic book writers of all time. It’s the first game to be set in the Chair’s Empire universe and is based upon the best-selling novel by Orson Scott Card.
checkout the trailer below for a taste.
After playing the hell out of this game (I’m probably still playing) I highly recommendÃ‚Â Shadow Complex its an awesome original game great story and crazy action from beginning to end but what do you expect from Epic. The game is just under 900MB in space and its price is set at 1200 points the release date is set for 8/19/2009