Sony EricssonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Xperia PLAY 4G will arrive in AT&T stores and online on September 18 for $49.99 with a two-year agreement. The AT&T smartphone package is complete with bonus accessories including the Sony Ericsson Multimedia Dock DK300 and MC100 music cable. The Xperia PLAY 4G runs on Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) platform and features a brilliant 4Ã¢â‚¬Â 480 x 854 screen and stereo speakers. In addition, the device is pre-loaded with seven games, some of which are exclusive, at no additional cost including:
- Dungeon Defenders Second Wave by Trendy Entertainment
- Asphalt 6 Adrenaline by Gameloft
- Star Battalion by Gameloft
- Madden NFL 11 by Electronic Arts
- The Sims 3 by Electronic Arts
- Tower Bloxx: My City by Digital Chocolate
- Crash Bandicoot by SCEA/Naughty Dog/Universal
AT&T customers will have access to more than 150 Xperia PLAY optimized games including Minecraft Pocket Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Dead Space 2 for download and purchase through the “Get Games” recommender screen, easily accessible when you slide open the Xperia PLAY’s game controller.
- The Xperia PLAY 4G, combining a PlayStation-certified gaming device with the capabilities and portability of an Android smartphone, arrives in AT&T* stores, and online on September 18 for $49.99 with a two-year agreement.
- The Xperia PLAY 4G has dedicated gaming controls built into the phone through a slide out controller including directional keypad, dual analog touch joystick, two shoulder buttons and the four iconic PlayStation symbol keys: circle, X, square and triangle.
- Running the Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) platform, the first PlayStation-certified smartphone in the world features a brilliant 4Ã¢â‚¬Â 480 x 854 screen and stereo speakers.
Only AT&T customers can choose the 4G-capable Xperia PLAY, offered in an exclusive Ã¢â‚¬Å“stealth blueÃ¢â‚¬Â color.Ã‚Â The smartphone package is complete with bonus accessories including the Sony Ericsson Multimedia Dock DK300 and MC100 music cable. In addition to providing a convenient charging station, the DK300 converts the Xperia PLAYÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s screen to a large clock display, and the music cable lets you connect to external speakers.** The DK300 and music cable come in the Xperia PLAY box, only from AT&T.
Handheld Gaming and Smartphones Converge
The Xperia PLAY 4G offers a gamerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s wonderland by providing the on-the-go capabilities of an Android smartphone with the immersive entertainment appeal of a portable gaming device.
- Snapdragon chipset including a 1GHz CPU and Adreno 205 graphics processor (GPU)
- Runs on the Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) platform
- Sight and sound: 4Ã¢â‚¬Â 480 x 854 screen, up to 60 frames per second graphics, stereo speakers
- Dual camera: 5MP rear and VGA forward-facing, with video recording and chat capabilities over Wi-Fi
- Hundreds of Xperia PLAY optimized games through Android Market or directly from the publishers
- Pre-loaded with seven Xperia PLAY optimized games from publishers such as Gameloft and EA.
Along with the great gaming and Android capabilities, the Xperia PLAY 4G from AT&T includes Facebook Inside Xperia, a suite of Facebook functions integrated into various applications, such as friendsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ birthdays in the phonebook, a Ã¢â‚¬Å“likeÃ¢â‚¬Â button in the music player, photo tags in the media gallery, and YouTube video recommendations from friends.
Pricing and Availability
The Xperia PLAY 4G arrives in AT&T stores and online on Sept. 18 and will be available for $49.99 after a two-year contract with minimum data plan.