Artificial Life, Inc. and Starz Digital Media, today announced the launch of the official mobile game for the Starz Entertainment TV series Ã¢â‚¬Å“Spartacus: Blood and SandÃ¢â‚¬Â, which premieres on Jan. 22, 2010. The Artificial Life game, for the iPhone and iPod touch platform, will retail at USD 4.99 on the Apple App Store. This is the second iPhone game collaboration between Artificial Life and Starz Media following PANDORUM, the official movie mobile game first released in September 2009.
Based on the new original series Ã¢â‚¬Å“Spartacus: Blood and SandÃ¢â‚¬Â produced by Starz Media, the game takes players into the world of gladiators where blood and brutality bring honor. Players embark on a journey of intense battles and fight for the freedom and survival of the Thracian hero. Characters, weapons and locations are realistically modeled after items and events from the original TV series along with special scenes produced by Starz Media that are featured in the game. The game offers various game modes to cater to different playing styles: Story Mode, Quick Fight, Challenge Mode, and Head-to-Head Mode.
Game Features include:
- Intense fights against combatants armed with various weapons and fighting styles;
- Realistic 3D characters, settings, and weapons based on the TV series;
- Numerous attack and defense combos;
- A variety of customizable fight conditions including: characters, locations, levels of difficulty, time settings, and more;
- Unlockable characters;
- Official trailer and cut scenes of the show available in-game;
- Head-to-Head multiplayer battles via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth;
- Connection to Facebook and Twitter to share updates and to compete with friends.