Discord Games, whose debut title Take Arms was featured in the Indie Games Summer Uprising, have released Take Arms: Bot War, a free offline-only Windows port. The game is available worldwide today on Indievania as a Pay What You Want title with no minimum.
Take Arms is a match-based evolution of the classic platformer for Xbox Live Indie Games and Windows PC. Featuring stunning high-definition artwork and sound effects, the game aims to immerse you in its fast-paced world of 2D class-based shooting. Set in the near future, the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s two remaining super powers are at war, and both sides are nearly decimated. With their cities charred and ruined, each side is down to the last of their soldiers. The best of the best. The only ones able to survive. Join the fight in the final battles of this last great war!
* Classic 2d Platforming with a Match-Based Twist
* 3 Unique Classes: Striker, Grunt & Destroyer
* 3 Game Modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag
* 3 Diverse Locales: Bridge, Trainyard, Complex
* Gain Experience Points, New Ranks, and track your Stats
* Special Effects Including Shaders and Particles