Turtle Beach, the leader in gaming headsets, has announced new chapters in the ongoing story of the incredible PX5 programmable wireless surround sound headset.Ã‚Â The PX5Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s retail availability, online user portal, PX5 Preset Manager software and live retail sales at this weekÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) East in Boston (March 11 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 13, Boston Convention & Exhibit Center, booth # 730) are the culmination of multiple PX5 elements that Turtle Beach has been working on since early this year.
Available today for online order via the Turtle Beach website (www.TurtleBeach.com), the new PX5 and P11 headsets will be available in major game and electronics retail stores such as Best Buy (US) and Future Shop (Canada) by April 3, 2011. In addition BestBuy.com and Amazon.com both have pre-order and online sales efforts underway.
– Purchase a PX5 at PAX East
Those coveting PX5s and headed to PAX East will have an advantage this weekend as Turtle Beach will offer a limited number of PX5s for first purchase in the Turtle Beach Gaming Headset Pro Shop at booth # 730, for $249.95 with a free Turtle Beach t-shirt included ($20.00 value). PAX East attendees can bypass online orders and shipping times, to be the first to get their ears on the next generation of gaming headsets this weekend.Ã‚Â More information on the PX5 can be found here: www.turtlebeach.com/PX5.
Attendees will also be among the first to take home the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s other hot new release, the P11 amplified stereo gaming headset for PS3, which is available now for sale online at the Turtle Beach store and at many top retailers for an MSRP of $59.95. More information on the P11 can be found here: www.turtlebeach.com/P11 .
PAX East atendees will enjoy a fun show and many great product demos and bonuses inside the Turtle Beach booth and its Gaming Headset Pro Shop. With the exception of the PX5, all headset models will feature a PAX East special discount of 20% off. Whether to purchase a new headset or just get in on the fun, show-goers should be sure to stop by the Turtle Beach booth. There will be special tournaments and cool activities happening every day. Prizing will range from Turtle Beach t-shirts to our most popular headsets Ã¢â‚¬â€œ including the Ear Force PX5. Attendees can try their luck with Turtle BeachÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s one armed bandit, with winners walking away with cool swag and surprise gifts, including headsets.Ã‚Â Even if lady luck is not on their side, visitors can have their photos taken with one of the Turtle Beach ladies, for post-show tagging and retrieval via the Turtle Beach Facebook page.
– PX5 User Portal Goes Live
The Turtle Beach website is now the home of the PX5 User Portal, where registered PX5 owners can access an ever-growing database of downloadable presets for the PX5. In addition, the portal will offer helpful hints, FAQs and host the PX5 Preset Manager software. This proprietary software allows users to connect their headset to their PC and upload/download custom presets directly. In addition, users will be able to create their own presets which they can then upload to the PX5 User Portal to share with the community. Feel free to visit the portal here: www.TurtleBeach.com/Customize
– Key features and user benefits of the PX5 Presets Manager:
- Allows for easy display, organization and management of downloaded and user created presets
- Microphone frequencies can be adjusted for high/low pitched voice modulation for in-game chat
- Dynamically control incoming chat, microphone monitor, and game volume.
- noise gates on the mic, filter out undesired noise to allow for true silence
- Download new firmware and voice prompts.
- Restore the headset to factory defaults should one go a bit to far in trying to extend the headsets capabilities
- The PX5 Preset Manager is a standalone, Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible software product that has no impact upon game software code.
- All preset files are stored either in the headset or locally on the usersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ PC.